Uptown Alley, Manassas Mall

Oh, Manassas Mall, how you've changed. I have fond memories of visiting your movie theater as a child, spending hours in Claire's while my mom sat outside bored on the bench, snacking on Auntie Anne's pretzels and getting buy-one-get-one-free smoothies in the food court. Yes, half of these memories involve food and no, I'm not sorry. But every longtime local knows that the landscape of the Manassas Mall has changed quite a bit over the years. It's clean and sparkly now, but there are so many stores that don't interest me. Never fear--Fair Oaks is just a few car collisions away!  

Anyways, a peculiar thing has taken up residence in the mall: a sprawling, fancy bowling alley/arcade/bar/restaurant/laser tag center!  It's called Uptown Alley and guys, it ain't bad. 




Pros: Cheap appetizers and drinks for Happy Hour, comfy seating at the bowling area, ample storage space for shoes and purses, big screen TVs above the lanes (girls' softball?), bar service that comes to you

Cons: The arcade was small and the card they gave us to use was rather finicky. I don't want to swipe ten times to play basketball; now I'm frustrated before I even begin. They told us to put the card upside down but we still had issues off and on. If you want arcade games, just go to Dave and Buster's.

Extra notes: The restaurant/lounge seating was incredibly spacious. On a Monday night, it was mostly empty and a little eerie but I would be interested to see it on a weekend. If you have a big crowd, I'm sure they can fit you in!  Also, my friends did Laser Tag for $7/person and said it was awesome. Try it out and let me know what you think!

Verdict: Nice spot for bowling and a cheap Happy Hour, but go elsewhere for arcade games.



http://www.uptownalleymanassas.com 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts from a New (Dog) Mama

Halo Top Ice Cream: What's the Deal?

New Podcasts I'm Loving