Amber's Wedding

This weekend, a little girl I once knew walked down the aisle as an adult in a white, flowing dress. But I'll be honest, it's hard to view her as an adult. Snapshots of Amber as a baby, toddler, and young girl kept flashing through my mind, as if I was trying to make sense of what was happening in front of me. How was this girl, splashing around in floaties, getting MARRIED right now? Just like my dad says about me, maybe in some ways, I'll always think of Amber as one of my little girls. Our families took an annual trip to Nags Head, NC every summer for about ten years. I loved playing with Amber and her cousins and was amazed to see them grow from summer to summer

When Amber decided to attend Bridgewater College, I was excited because I periodically visited my brother in that area. One afternoon, my nephew Hu and I visited Amber at her school. We played with her in the dorm and then explored the nearby Wildwood Park. Another time, Hu and I cheered Amber on during a Bridgewater soccer game. That was when I met Austin for the first time. I could tell he was a good person, and based on what I'd seen and heard about him, approved of him as a good fit for Amber. I wasn't surprised when they got engaged a few years later, but the reality of sitting in a pew and watching them get married was still a little crazy. I am thrilled for her, and excited to watch what happens next.

Here are a few pictures from the reception:
The seating chart was designed to look like a
race course map!
A cute collage of the wedding party

Amber's grandmother, Nancy O'Connor, 
designed this cut-out.

Congratulations, Amber and Austin!  


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts from a New (Dog) Mama

Halo Top Ice Cream: What's the Deal?

New Podcasts I'm Loving