I Made My Own Body Scrub (in a Van)

Yesterday Patrick and I ate lunch in Harrisonburg on our way to Boone, NC for family vacation. We passed by a trailer downtown that caught my eye-it looked like a food truck, but had signs advertising handmade beauty products. I had to check it out!

I stepped inside the shiny, Airstream trailer to find neat, carefully arranged beauty products, from masculine soaps and beard oil to lipstick and glittery bath bombs. It was so cute! 

I stumbled upon a "Scrub Bar" at the end of the van where you could make your own body scrub for $10.00. This was too fun to pass up. The container started with a white salt base which we dumped into a bowl next to the station. Then, I selected add-ins: beet powder and hibiscus powder (for color), Himalayan sea salt, Chamomile tea buds, and a few drops of both peppermint and lemongrass essential oil. 



















I stirred it all together (always the best part!) and then carefully scooped it back into the original container. The girl who worked there tied an adorable little bow around the lid, along with a wooden spoon.

                 

The Verdict? I think the experience was worth $10 alone, including the spontaneity and charm of the van. It was like falling down the rabbit hole to step through those van doors and discover the enchanting world inside. The scrub itself has large grains that may be too rough for sensitive skin. I enjoyed using it on my back and legs, though, and it smells amazing! 

Since I have a variety of essential oils at home, I think my next step will be trying to make some of my own body scrubs! Anyone have a good recipe they've tried?

XOXO,
Maria

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts from a New (Dog) Mama

Halo Top Ice Cream: What's the Deal?

New Podcasts I'm Loving