My New Favorite Things: Beauty Blender

Maria here, Beauty Expert. Well, not exactly, but I have become mildly addicted to watching beauty videos online, and I noticed that everyone seems to be using this thing called a Beauty Blender. There's a video on Buzzfeed where girls compare a beauty blender to a real egg, testing both to apply their foundation.(Link to video). Yes, this is silly and weird, but what struck me more was that the assumption that using a beauty blender is the status quo. Over and over again, products were compared to it, or people would whip it out to apply a product they were testing. ("Which Weird Alternative Beauty Blender Works the Best?")  Silly me, applying foundation with my primitive fingers!
I decided I needed to try it out, so I purchased the Beauty Blender from Sephora for $20.00 (here). It's made with non-latex foam, and the description says it achieves "streak-free application with minimum product waste". So while the blender costs money up front, it should in theory save you money in the long-run. Verdict? I love it! I've been using the blender dry; I dab some foundation on my face with my finger and then spread it out by dabbing with the blender. The pointed end is great for the delicate under-eye area, and the texture of the foam is soft and gentle. At first use, it was so easy to use that I thought, "Yup, I get it. Why hasn't anyone told me about this before?" So I'm telling you guys. If you use liquid foundation, get this! 

Upon glancing at the website again, it appears that I can improve and diversify my blending game. It says to wet the blender with water first (oops!), then squeeze out the liquid before using. The directions also claim that it can be used with more products than just foundation: "Bounce primer, foundation, powder, cream blush, or any other complexion product across the face for flawless results."

In an effort to expand my repertoire, this morning I used the blender to apply my foundation primer, foundation, and bronzer. Since the primer is clear, it's really difficult to tell where it's going on your face, but I do think my pores look a little smaller so the product was probably spread out more evenly than usual. I used it to blend my foundation and some concealer over my eye bags (typical). Then I tested it out on my bronzer, which has been demolished into loose powder. I usually apply the bronzer with a brush, but the sponge worked well! I think the key is starting with a small amount and adding more as needed. To clean the blender, you can purchase a special cleaning solution or you can use baby wash to save some money (link)

What beauty products are you obsessed with right now? I'd love to hear from you!

XOXO,
Maria




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts from a New (Dog) Mama

Halo Top Ice Cream: What's the Deal?

New Podcasts I'm Loving