Make that Money Watch it Burn! (or save it)

"Your Rate Just Went Up Again" is seldom news you want to hear. My online savings account, however, just informed me that they raised their interest rate which means MORE money in my bank! So for once, an increased rate is welcome news! Seeing my savings grow warms my little heart so I've decided to share three of my favorite tools for saving money (or getting it back, technically).

1. Ally.com Online Savings Account: One of the first things my financial manager recommended to me during our consultation was that I transfer some of my savings to a high-yield savings account, bumping my interest from 0.01% (Suntrust Bank) to 0.99% (Ally.com). He assured me that the online account was reputable and safe so I signed up. I've had the pleasure of monitoring my hefty interest each month, and can easily transfer money between my checking account and Ally.com account (it just takes a few days in either direction). Oh yeah, and now the interest rate is up to 1.14%. Woohoo! 


2. Ebates for online spending: I've plugged Ebates a few times on Facebook before, and I really do think it's worth a look if you haven't already. You basically just start at the Ebates site, click on the store where you want to shop, and then complete your order as usual. Then you'll automatically receive cash back for your purchase. Ebates sends a check every three months (your "Big Fat Check"). The percentage of cash back varies per store and fluctuates regularly. Tuesday night, TOMS was at a whopping 12% cash back, and this morning it's at 8% (both are better than none). I like using Ebates when I'm already planning to purchase something, especially a brand I've already tried. For example, I just reordered my contacts at 1-800-Contacts and received 11% cash back ($34). You can get hair and makeup supplies from Ulta or Sephora, pet food from Petsmart or Petco...the list goes on. Ebates keeps track of your savings over time, so I know that in less than two years, I've received exactly $332.29 in cash back! If you're interested, check it out here: Ebates.com 

3. Ibotta for grocery purchases: This is the small-scale, grows a little over time, kinda deal. You take a picture of your grocery store receipt, select the rebates you want to use, and scan the corresponding product barcodes to prove that you purchased them. Money is added to your account, which you can withdraw through PayPal, Venmo, or a gift card once you have at least $20 minimum. There is a standard 25 cent rebate for submitting ANY receipt, along with a variety of other rebates (mostly brand specific) for produce, household items, frozen foods, etc. I've used Ibotta off and on for a few years and have gotten $130.65 back total. My referral code is "jqkynra" if you want to download the app and check it out!

What are your favorite money saving tricks and tools? Patrick and I have cut back considerably on dining out and that has made a big difference too. Anyways, Happy Hump Day, guys!

XOXO,
Maria


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts from a New (Dog) Mama

Halo Top Ice Cream: What's the Deal?

New Podcasts I'm Loving