FLOWER Beauty for the Win

FLOWER Beauty is a makeup line by Drew Barrymore, banking on the fact that this information alone will be enough for customers to open their wallets. That's actually the marketing strategy; by eliminating traditional advertising, the brand can cut costs and sell "luxury" products at prices affordable for everyone. Walmart was chosen as the sole retailer when the brand originated in 2012, which supports this vision. Later, FLOWER opened an online store, and just this month (Jan. 2018), FLOWER products are available at Ulta. Drew promises not to hike up her prices, so I'm excited to watch this brand evolve.

Products I Tried and Love:

  • Lip Suede Velvet Lip Chubby (<$10)-This product was featured on several "Best of 2017" videos I saw by beauty gurus/editors online. The design is simple yet stylish, and the lipstick glides on easily. I love the moisture-rich formula, especially in winter! I decided to order online, and chose several colors to try. The shades Berry-more and Red-dy to Bloom are my two favorite. I wish there were more colors (only five currently) and you could test them in person (no returns unless the product is damaged when bought through the FLOWER website). Maybe the testing will be possible with the new Ulta collaboration! Although since the product appears in the "Last Chance" category on the website, it may be discontinued soon. Ahhh...fingers crossed that this is not the case.
Sweet Pea (not to be confused with Sweat Pea,
the name I've now mistakenly typed two times.
  • Flower Pots Powder Blush ($10)-This is hands down the best blush I've ever used! I've only had a few over the years, but still. It blends so well, and is highly pigmented so you only need a light brushing to bring some life into your cheeks. I'm using the color Sweet Pea and I think it's true love.
  • Sheer Up Lip Tint ($9)-This is identical to the Velvet Chubby in design, so read the packaging carefully to make sure you get the product you want. The Lip Tint is more like a tinted balm, much more subtle in color. The neat thing is you can build the color gradually, depending on how many swipes you do on your lip. This is great for people who want moisture and a hint of color, but are not ready for a bold lip. I went to Walmart looking for the Velvet Lip Suede and could only find these; I had to buy the Lip Suede online. 
I really tried to weigh the smartest way to buy these products. It was difficult to find the display in Walmart, and I couldn't try on any of the products (well some people did...) but I could purchase only a few without trying to reach a minimum cost. When purchasing online from FLOWER, you had to spend $30 to get free shipping, and they have a no returns policy (unless products arrived damaged). I'm assuming you can return products to Walmart hassle-free. The Ulta minimum for free shipping is $50 but I'm hoping they will have product samples at their stores where you can test out the products to help decide what you really want. Six dollars is cheap for a lipstick but if it doesn't look good with your skin tone then it's still money wasted. Overall, I'm impressed. Go Drew!

What do you guys think? Have you tried any of these products? Let me know what you think! Enjoy the rest of your weekend. :)

XOXO,
Maria



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts from a New (Dog) Mama

Halo Top Ice Cream: What's the Deal?

New Podcasts I'm Loving