3 New Discoveries in Kid Land

Hey guys! I know it's been a while...school is in full swing and I find myself exhausted most of the time. I got a massage over the weekend and then started worrying about report cards and parent teacher conferences. But they're done! So let's catch up.

First of all, while kids are on the brain, let's talk about my new discoveries:

Creepy Carrots! is a fun children's book by Aaron Reynolds about a rabbit that thinks he's being haunted by creepy carrots. There's a great twist at the end that can open up a discussion about perspectives. Check it out here. There's also a new sequel called Creepy Pair of Underwear.

Mermaid Bracelets enticed me via facebook advertisements for a while. There was one particularly mesmerizing video of a girl running her hand back and forth over the bracelet, turning the sequins from teal to purple and back again. "What a great sensory item for my kiddos," I thought. The official website is here but I got mine from Amazon for $15. The kids love it so far!


Slime. Okay I didn't actually touch it but this recipe was really easy to follow and didn't require extra supplies (you might not have contact solution on hand, though). We followed the first version and it was easy to send home in a ziplock bag. What happened next? I don't know...

My next post will be about some goodies for us adults. Stay tuned!

XOXO,
Maria


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts from a New (Dog) Mama

Halo Top Ice Cream: What's the Deal?

New Podcasts I'm Loving