My 30th Birthday Trip to Asheville, NC!

Oh, Asheville. I love your quirky houses, leaf strewn streets and eclectic shops. Your food is so delicious and you have more beer options than I could ever drink, but that's kind of exciting, too. My favorite part about visiting you, though, has to be your chill. Everyone seems so relaxed! I met inspired artists, passionate shop owners, and sociable bartenders. Happy. Accepting. So much chill. My vacation eyes and 12-hour night of sleep Friday night certainly didn't hurt anything. Asheville, you were a breath of fresh mountain air. (And mountain water, I suppose, since your tap water was superior to mine.) Thank you. Love, Maria

Here are some highlights from our trip!

  • Biscuit Head Restaurant: In general I'm opposed to waiting in long lines. (You won't see me waiting for cupcakes in Georgetown.) But. I guess I was committed to checking this place out, and once we were in the vicinity, no competition drew us away. You can choose from a plethora of savory biscuit combinations, or just top them with a jelly from the free assortment. Would I wait in line again? Nah. Do I regret doing it one time? Nope!
  • New Belgium Brewing Tour: This was so fun! We learned all about the company and its philosophy while touring around the Asheville factory, all the while enjoying free tastings and fun 3-D art. New Belgium was founded in Fort Collins, CO, and their Asheville location is only a few years old, designed strategically to cut down on transportation costs to their East Coast locations. This tour was FREE and lasted over an hour. Did I mention they gave us free tastings along the way? So much fun.
  • Comedy Show with Michael Palascak: Saturday night we went to a little comedy club called The Grey Eagle. The chairs were very uncomfortable but it was worth it when the headliner, Michael Palascak, finally came on. He had an endearingly awkward stage presence and had jokes about relatable, everyday things like flying on a plane (some lady ate corn on the cob) and having a crazy girlfriend (I hope they broke up because it didn't sound like a healthy dynamic). At one point, I laughed so hard I could barely breathe. It was fantastic. I appreciated that he didn't rely on controversial topics like politics to get laughs. Follow the link or search him on youtube if you want to feel a snippet of the fun!
Our last morning in Asheville :(

Where are your favorite spots in Asheville? I'm sure I'll be back so post them below!

XOXO,
Maria

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts from a New (Dog) Mama

Halo Top Ice Cream: What's the Deal?

New Podcasts I'm Loving