You Had Me at Tacos

Portobello and Cuban Tacos <3
Maybe it's because my name's Maria, but a thirst for queso runs through my veins. I try not to feed the addiction to much but sometimes you just gotta. 

Enter Zandra's Taqueria - a newish restaurant on Center Street in downtown Manassas, near Okra's. The lighting is a little dark, the red paint on the walls and strings of lights a bit intense, but man, the food is tasty. 

I'm a huge fan of the house mojito, skillet queso, and a la carte taco options. They have a range of tacos, from classic to adventurous, each offered on a flour or corn tortilla (or lettuce wrap). The tacos are stuffed generously, so after destroying mounds of chips and queso, I am usually content with just one (each is about $3-5). 

Zandra's also offers skillet fajitas but I try to avoid those in general because they're smelly (Patrick thinks I'm crazy and says they're delicious). Overall I find the menu really refreshing compared to the Mexican style where everything is pretty much the same texture and flavor (salty). Here's a sample of the a la carte menu:
There's are also vegetarian and fish options!

What do you guys think? Have you guys been to Zandra's yet? Any more recommendations to add?

XOXO,
Maria

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts from a New (Dog) Mama

Halo Top Ice Cream: What's the Deal?

New Podcasts I'm Loving