Restlessness

I've always had a thirst for action. Adventure. Doing things.

My parents used to tell me, "Maria, not every day can be exciting. Some days are just boring. Normal." I think my biggest life lesson has been to sink into the moment, switching my lens from seeking the novel to appreciating the usual. My cousin's little children splashing around in the pool. Patrick's arm heavy across my chest. Spending an hour in the shade of the dog park with new friends. None of this is extraordinary, but I'm gaining a new appreciation of it. 

I actually want to relax at home rather than seeking out the latest restaurant. I'm learning how saying no to some opportunities can make room for more balance and calm. As I drive familiar roads through my childhood town, I savor my roots rather than twisting away from them. What I have right now is good. It's more than enough. 

Dog Park Cuties "You can't have my cotton candy!"


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts from a New (Dog) Mama

Halo Top Ice Cream: What's the Deal?

New Podcasts I'm Loving