My Top 5 Essential Oils

I was introduced to essential oils several years ago but have really integrated them into my routine this past year. Essential oils are simply highly concentrated oils from plants. I still use regular medicine but I try the oils first when it comes to stomachaches and headaches. Several of the citrus oils help me feel awake, focused, and motivated so in that sense I think they help adjust my mood (I still use prescription medication to treat my anxiety). Also, we diffuse oils in the house instead of using candles--the scent is so light and pure that I just can't go back!
I use oils from a brand called Doterra, which maintains a high standard of quality, "Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade," which means no fillers, contaminants, etc. and that they test it rigorously for quality control "to ensure exact purity and composition potency". The oils can be inhaled, diffused, used topically, or even ingested (maybe with a few exceptions). Here's an example of multiple uses for peppermint.

My favorite oils are all proprietary blends. Here are my top five!


1. Breathe: This is the all-natural version of Vick's Vapor Rub. You can rub a few drops on your hands, cup them over your face (or your child's) and breathe deeply to really clear the airways. This blend also comes in a roll-on (which includes a carrier oil) which is really quick and easy to apply, and also a good option for sensitive skin. 

2. DigestZen: I use the roll-on of this blend, too. I rub it directly on my abdomen when indigestion flares. About half of the time, I can avoid eating gross TUMS doing this, though the smell of the blend does make people take notice. When people ask "What's that smell?" tell them, "I rubbed oil on my stomach" and you will get some fun reactions.


3. Purity: This one is my most recent discovery! It is used to clean and freshen the air so I love to use it after we've been cooking. Like yesterday...when the apartment reeked of parmesan cheese...fixed!

4. On Guard: This was my first love. It's used to promote a healthy immune system and has a warm, spicy aroma (think cinnamon, oranges, and clove). I either diffuse it at bedtime, rub it on the bottoms of my feet or do both depending on how many times my kids coughed on me at school.

5. Zendocrine: This blend is used to promote healthy liver function and detoxify the body. Call me toxic, but my body responds really well to it. I mainly smell the citrus, and when I rub a few drops behind my ear, it helps me feel grounded and focused. I love it!

It has definitely taken some experimentation to find the oils and blends that work the best for me. I've given some away to friends, and Patrick prefers some that I don't. The typical introductory oils are peppermint, lemon, and lavender but let me know if you want to come over and check them out! 

XOXO,
Maria

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts from a New (Dog) Mama

Halo Top Ice Cream: What's the Deal?

New Podcasts I'm Loving